We are currently looking for a Fundraising Coordinator to join our leadership team.
WRSOS is a volunteer driven, registered non-profit organization dedicated to protecting Saskatchewan wildlife. WRSOS aims to promote education, respect, understanding, and appreciation of wildlife and the environment so that humans and wildlife can successfully co-exist.
The primary source of funding for WRSOS is donations and sponsorship. WRSOS relies on the community’s support to maintain its operations. WRSOS has many dedicated volunteers who respond to the 2500+ calls received on its Wildlife 911 each year. While much of the wildlife is left in the wild, 1000+ animals are rescued for rehabilitation or veterinary care each year.
Please note this is an unpaid, volunteer position.
Reporting directly to the Director of Fund Development, the Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of fundraising strategies and initiatives. This is a great opportunity for a student or recent graduate looking for meaningful work with a non-profit organization and will provide valuable experience in non-profit fundraising management and event planning.
The Fundraising Coordinator is expected to commit approximately 4 hours per week to this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Fundraising Coordinator will:
- Develop realistic fundraising goals and projects
- Lead the planning and management of fundraising activities
- Research and prepare submissions for grants and other prospects
- Network with other non-profit organizations
- Approach businesses to identify fundraising opportunities through corporate programs or in-kind
- Help increase communication and awareness of WRSOS
- Work with the Management Team
- Undertake other tasks as required
- Fundraising experience
- Comfortable with computer programs, such as Microsoft Office and web applications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to work on a team and share information and expertise
- Attention to detail
- Professional, energetic and efficient approach
- Knowledge and interest in wildlife and/or environmental conservation preferred